So, things are good.  Super busy.  For the most part, I am really enjoying this part of my life. I am working harder than I ever have.  Besides the family, I am finishing the re-model on my house, packing for Alaska and building the timber frame.  I have assembled the saw mill, trucked it into the mountains and got it ready to go.  I have been logging trees and tomorrow I use my new saw mill for the first time.  I have also been scouring the North Bay for douglas fir.  I have been logging giant doug fir trees to mill.  I have learned how to use a Wood Mizer. Drive a forklift.  Use a jointer.  We have not started building yet but my timber framer Gerhart is on it.

So far, I have been driving around Northern California looking at, and gather beams.  From Arcata in Humboldt County to Sacramento to Half Moon Bay, I am gathering Douglas Fir.

I fluctuate between utter terror and absolute certainty that I CAN do this.  I will try and chronicle the adventure here and will be blogging much more.  I want my kids to look back and see what I had to do to build this home.  The greatest adventure of my life lies before me.  On June 19, 2017, Jeremy and I head North to give direction to the excavator operator and to knock down a bunch of trees.

The kids are doing great.  Kadee has finished Elementary school and is going to Middle School already!  Sasha is quite the character and she makes me laugh.

As I get older I think more and more about what is important.  Time with friends and family is som important.  It is easy to go years between seeing people you care about but I am determined to do a better job with that.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog