So, to not write since July is unacceptable.  I have decided to make my blog public again.  Not because I think anyone will actually read it, but because I want to make it accessible to my kids if anything were to happen to me.  Also, I intend to chronicle my life more on this again.  I'd like to say that a lot has changed since I wrote 5 months ago, but that would be a lie.  Granted, things have improved.  We bought a house.  Its a shitshack but its ours.  It is 1588 square feet, was built in the 1970's and never updated, has a rat and mold problem.  BUT, assuming the economy doesn't collapse, I can probably build a few hundred thousand in equity.  I've decided that, barring death or total incapacity, we are going back to Alaska in June of 2018.  That seems like a long way off, but it isn't.  Granted, my finances currently do not support such a move.  As always, I am broke.  Supporting a family on one income in a place with incredibly expensive cost of living doesn't leave much.  Plus, we are still plowing everything into the firm.  I am super optimistic though.  My work in the Alaska marijuana industry didn't pay off but I got to go home a lot last year.  Jeremy and I went to Tustumena in October and the family went to Soldotna for two weeks at Christmas.  Really, the point of this post is to remind myself to start doing this again.  Just for me.  And maybe my kids one day.  The last three years have been hard on my health and my heart but I can sense that major changes are coming and I'm glad.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog