So, things are progressing slowly. I've made this blog private temporarily. It's always a fine line for me how much of myself I put out there. I don't have anything to hide but I'm aware that having a blog certainly reveals a lot about myself and is a sacrifice of some privacy. First, and perhaps biggest, is that J and I have our green card interviews on November 18. After 14 years, things may shake loose for me. If nothing else, that was worth leaving Alaska for. No matter what happens now, assuming the green cards are issued, we will be able to return to Alaska. We are going in December and I am getting the kids ready.  On a 95 degree day, they dressed up in their winter gear to make sure it still fit.  Work is progressing.  My frustration over slow progress has boiled over into a resolve to simply borrow between $500,000 and $1,000,000 to hit this super hard.  We have a plan that, if it works, could mean a return to Alaska wiring 4 yours with as much money as we need for the rest of our lives.  We'll see.  Either way, I am returning to Alaska ASAP...it is just whether we have money or not.  I have been doing all I can to stay sane.  I miss the outdoors horribly so have been trying to go camping or boating whenever the opportunity arises.  My stress levels are causing me to have some health concerns and I am in pain pretty much every day.   I am most concerned about my heart. I am thinking I am just horribly out of shape because all I do is work and go home and sit. My activity level has declined horribly, as 12 hour days at work are common for me.  However, I have reason to think that 2015 could be a good year for me.  I know I said that in 2013 about 2014 but things have not progressed as quickly as I would have liked.  I am now trying to exercise every day.  A huge number of civil cases SHOULD settle next year and it could mean I am finally debt free.  Our green cards SHOULD come this year.  A trip to Alaska is only 2 months away.  You know, I don't want much.  I don't need a fancy car or a house in Hollywood.  I just want the time to do what matters to me.  I want more time with my kids.  To look up at the night sky.  To not be paying thousands of dollars to the bank in interest every month.  I am hopeful that the next year will put me in a better position to do that.  To ensure that I spend the rest of my life seeing a view like this whenever I want....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog