So, two years ago today, I landed in Washington State and began my journey first North for a new work visa and then South to California.  It feels like both just yesterday and a long time ago.  I have accomplished nothing in some ways and an incredible amount in other ways.  The kids are doing great and are growing like weeds.  The firm is doing great and looks like it is about to grow yet again.  Jeremy and I have a real plan to get rich.  We hope to be more or less out of here in 4 years.  Thank God.  I  still miss Alaska horribly.  However, it is quite cool.  My conversations with Jeremy have changed from "what if we don't make it" to "what are we going to do when the real money rolls in".  It happened slowly but I am now more confident than ever that I will spend the rest of my life home in Alaska.         To help the passing of time, I have decided to do all that we can in California.  I took a long weekend last weekend and took the trailer camping for the first time.  We took it into the Sierras.  It was hot but it was a blast.  I guess I can see, for the first time, the writing on the wall.  All will come right and the next ten years of my life are going to be quite the adventure indeed.    

Comments

Wow! Looks like the kids enjoyed a lot in your vacation.

Nice post by the way. Looking forward for more of this.

Popular posts from this blog