so, the first day of school. I can't believe that I have two kids in school. Time flies. I was a little worried about how AJ would react but she is doing great. It is Sasha that I feel awful for. When we got home she called out for her sisters. When she discovered they were gone, she was inconsolable. She is getting a little better but I hurt for her. Otherwise, things are moving along. For the first time in a long time, I am beginning to feel optimistic. Business is picking up to the extent where I can actually think that I might make some money today. It helps that the construction costs on the back of the building are winding down. Good lord its been expensive! We are getting the back area done. It will be area to meet with other lawyers and clients. The one thing I have learned about how to get cases is that personal relationships matter. All the advertising hasn't lead to even 10% of the cases that just knowing people has. So a nice space seems pretty critical. I still think about Alaska every day. But, as time goes on, I feel optimistic that I shall return with enough money to really enjoy the rest of my life there. Although some of the leaves here are starting to change color, I miss fall time in Alaska. I can smell the air if I think about it. A driftwood fire on the lake. Watching the world change color.   Otherwise, life is fine. I've even found the time to go camping. True, it was in a crowded campground but the kids loved it.  The next six months are going to be very, very interesting.  We will re-build the front of the building.  All the construction and building costs will be behind us.  Every week our firm is bigger than the last so there is every reason to hope that my credit cards will hold out another 6 months....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog