So, I have been thinking of Alaska.  A lot.  I gather that it has been a long winter and there is still snow in Soldotna.  Gross.  THAT would have me going squirrely.  Life continues on here.  The building is driving me absolutely batshit crazy.  Every time we think we get ahead, we find another problem that costs us thousands and thousands.  Like dryrot and an Ivy that grew into the roof.  Right now, every dollar we make is going into this place and I can't wait until it is done and I can start to make some money!  The back of the place is starting to get done and the concrete truck is here as I type.  Last week    
alone cost us over $20,000!  If I never see another contractor again, I will be happy.  9 months of every single dollar we make going into this place.  Oh well.  In other news, my middle child turned 5 a few days ago.  Happy birthday AJ!  Perhaps is just getting older. Perhaps it is the 80 plus hour weeks.  But the time I spend with them seems to be more and more precious.  There is so much more I want to give them.

The practice is going well but it will take a long time indeed (it feels like) to get out from what it cost to be here.  Since this is my blog and is meant to chronicle my life, I will share something: I know that the world is my oyster but I can't help but feel melancholy some of the time.  Yes, yes.  I know I shouldn't.  But sometimes when I am alone I can't help but remember what it was like on Tustumena Lake in Spring.  The giant sigh of relief in the Spring as I turned over my soil and had chickens in the bathroom and pulled the boat of the snow.  To be honest, I often find myself in tears thinking about Alaska.  Like slackwater.  Or that sense when I rounded the corner and the lake was, well, just there.  Driftwood fires and the salmon on the grill.  I just miss Alaska.  I need to go back for a visit.  Soon.  This is hard.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog