So, for a lawyer just starting a practice, I have been busier than I thought.  The number of details and tasks in starting a new firm is pretty crazy.  I think I could write a book about it.  Of course, it isn't made any easier by the amount that Jeremy and I have decided to bite off.  Right now, my number one priority is figuring out how to make http://www.adamsfietz.com go live.  Right now we don't show up at all on Google so I am learning search engine optimization.  It's funny.  For the last 12 years as a lawyer I just wanted the phone to be QUIET!  Now all my energies on bent to the task of getting it to RING!  But I am loving the private lawyer gig.  I love having no boss.  I love being able to have a beer with lunch or go home early or (eventually) take the cases I want.    I am just remembering to enjoy the ride.  I mean Kadee's teeth have started coming out!  I remember when mine did and now my oldest child is losing hers.  Every day is precious. It's funny...the older I get the more I realize that can't be just a saying but a way of life. So I am working hard. Enjoying the kids. We have planted a small winter garden.   I missed the first snowfall in Alaska and we all felt that keenly. Next week should be big. Our advertising hits this town hard.  We have come up with some creative and eye catching ads I think.  They will be in the truck on Monday and then lets see what happens!  As I've said, I am enjoying life in California much more than I thought I would.  But sometimes at night, when the house is quiet and I am the only one up, I sit on my front porch.  I nurse a whiskey.  I listen to the owls and the crickets.  Watch the fog roll over the eucalyptus.  I remember the blink of an eye of my life in Alaska.  I miss the peacefulness of the snow.  The cold nights. How the world turned blue as the darkness fell. When my mind is quiet and my children are quietly asleep, I ache for Alaska....home....                            

Comments

Hunts Alaska said…
Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you enjoy your profession, don't worry setting up your website will be easy, refer to the internet for tips about SEO. :)

Popular posts from this blog