video
So, Tustumena lake. I wasn't sure I would ever see my favorite place ever again. As it turns out, one of the interns is local and his dad bought a boat he can use. I am not ashamed to say that when the boat came to the headwaters of the Kasilof river and the lake lay before us, I burst into tears. I just cannot explain the connection I have to this magical place. As I may have said, I want my ashes spread here one day. I can't imagine a place I would rather watch a summer evening pass by. I don't expect to be back for a while. Maybe never. Maybe the next time I 'see' this place will be from an urn. Yet a piece of this lake will always be with me. So, for once, I won't say much. I will write this post to remind myself of this place. The wild freedom that I will ache for .....

Comments

Ken Florence said…
Ben: missed the blog when it went private. I see big changes are up for you. I sold the Alaska land on drift river but bought ocean beachfront in crystal beach, tx. Instead of salmon from the beach with Bennie, it is blue crabs from the beach. Have missed you and thought of you often.
Ken Florence
Ditto Ken. Ditto. Alaska was never the same for me after you left...

Popular posts from this blog