So, today is my eighth anniversary.  My, my time has flown.  Otherwise the summer in Alaska grinds on with the usual.  Brown bears in the yard.  Fishing.  Camping.  The firm is coming along and the first prototype of the website is done.  I only have 13 days of work left and I am nervous.  I have always been a public defender.  Quite a life change from the freedom of Alaska to the confines of California.  But I have to go make money to be prepared.  This Republic is fading fast.  As Claire Wolfe says "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."  I need to make money and fast before the police state descends upon us.  And don't fool yourself.  I will end up on (another) government list for saying this, but bad things approach, and that right quick.  Those with money will have options while the rest of the country either starves or is crushed under the heel of a police boot.  Call me paranoid.  Call me crazy.  I don't care.  Ironically, I take my strength from a biblical passage.  Proverbs 27:12 says that "A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."  When the President signs the NDAA, it is time to be worried.  When tens of thousands of drones are being prepared to spy on Americans, it is time to worry.  When the DHS, a police agency that didn't exist ten years ago, orders 450 million rounds of ammo, it is time to foresee danger.  The gutting of the Bill of Rights has accelerated to the point of making me dizzy.  So when I am upset by leaving Alaska, I will simply think of March 11, 1942. I may be 'ordered' out for the good of the greater 'war' but I shall return. Oh yes, Alaska, I will be back. I will go where I am needed most and I can make the money that I need but Alaska is in my blood now.  I know this post is all over the place.....but welcome to my state of mind right now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog