So, I've really bitten off a lot this time. Between wrapping up our life here and finding a place to live in Santa Rosa and starting the new firm and working and kids and selling this place....well whew!  The list of things to do is huge.  I am borrowing $40,000 from Wells Fargo and have cashed in the kids college funds.  This is balls to the wall or it is nothing.  I will arrive in Santa Rosa $80,000 in debt, an immigrant, with no home, no job and no income.  I will either make it big or just go home.  But there is nothing left for me here now except the 'idea' of Alaska.  For example, this weekend I wanted to go shooting.  There was absolutely no one to go with.  Could I have gone myself?  Yup.  But it is not the same.  The next few months are going to be insane with the above list as well as cramming as much Alaska summer in an we can.  I intend to camp, gold pan, shoot and fish as much as I can.  Despite the cool temperatures, snow drifts and lack of anything green yet, May is a summer month in Alaska.  If the weather holds, I intend to make this weekend our first 'summer' adventure.  Everyday I try to accomplish something on both the 'personal' and 'professional' list.  Today I negotiated our new phone number for our firm.  The number for Adams Fietz will be (707) 999-9999. It's all coming together.  Despite being busy, I don't have much to write about.  I won't bore you with the details except to say that life will be crazy for the next 98 days.  Stand by.                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog