So, here's to the commute in Alaska. At least several times a week, the drive (or flight) to and/or from work takes my breath away. Pictures, of course, do no justice. I am lucky to have this time. One of my favorite sayings is "money is replaceable...time is not". And despite the hardships of Alaska, I would never trade the years I spent in this place. The mountains and glaciers and sky call to me. I curse the need for the almighty dollar that drives me from this place. For soon I know that my commute will be bumper to bumper. The smell of fumes. Heat. I write this post in the hopes that when I am trapped in that nightmare that I remember when I was free. Young. In a place that made me ache because of the beauty of it all.  Tick tock.  Only 101 days until I pack.  101 days left in this place.  I intend to enjoy every single second. 

Comments

Jim said…
Hello from Colorado. You sure you want to leave Alaska when you worked so hard to get there?

Popular posts from this blog