So, it looks likely that we will be moving to Santa Rosa within the next 6 or 8 months. I feel Alaska passing behind me as keenly as a blade. God I will miss this place until I can come back. But I am realizing something that I should have known a long, long time ago. After your health and the safety of your family, money is the most important thing in the world. I'm sorry, but it is. You only live once. And money is the key to happiness. I want my girls to have horses. Travel. Take music lessons. Want for nothing. And money is the key to it all. So we must leave. Start 'over' again in California. We will buy a convertible. Go for dinner in San Fran. Go to Tuscany. Darwin. Maui. Get horses. I will drink good wine and eat good beef. I will work hard and, for once, be paid for my considerable talents as a lawyer. And until then, I will enjoy every day in this magical place. There will be no day too cold or dark.  I am still bored.  But I have started learning Spanish.  Soon I will focus all my energy on the move.  On starting over with the single goal of having money.  I should have been this smart 10 years ago............... 






Comments

Jessica said…
I'm coming to visit in SR. If I was close enough, I'd give your girls those music lessons. I can't quite get my head around you not being in AK, though.
josh said…
let me know when you have a job for me and i'll be there the next day

Popular posts from this blog