So, I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. At the same time, there hasn't been much to write about. Winter started today with a decent snowfall. Damn. I was hoping it would wait until tomorrow. Then at least there would only be snow for 6 months.  Despite the cold, we took the kids trick or treating tonight.    AJ dressed as a dinosaur (she loves anything dinosaur) but about 5 minutes into it, she declared that she looked 'redickwewous' and refused the wear the hat. God I love that kid.  I wish there was more to report.  I have returned from my annual conference.  To be honest, I was more interested in looking for gold than attending the conference.   I am reading an excellent book right now. It is called 'Aftershock' and basically argues that the US is screwed economically. It suggests that gold will be a big deal in the very near future.  But I had fun digging for gold this summer and have enjoyed looking for it since.  Not a lot of luck yet, but soon.  Now that I have sold the boat and Rhino, I hope to spend a big part of next summer with the kids and sluice box looking for gold. That is, if we are still here. I still don't know what the future holds. I love Alaska but as we head into our 6th winter, I don't know how much more I can force J to take.  I brought her here.  She has no job.  No friends.  No family here.  Our marriage is rocky as hell.  And I guess I can't be 'selfish' anymore.  To be honest, there is nothing but the land itself that keeps me in Alaska.  I have no friends left here.  At least one thing is good: after almost 6 weeks, I feel better.  Thank god.  That is the longest I have ever been sick.  What a weight has been lifted.  Just in time for 7 months of winter.  I will write a new screenplay.  Cook.  Enjoy the kids as much as I can (this house is too small).  Enjoy the cold, clear nights for what may be my last winter in the Great land.  If only I had played things differently.....












Comments

Popular posts from this blog