So, fall in Alaska continues. For me, that means killing hogs. Digging potatoes. Enjoying the first fires that are needed and not merely for ambience. Now that I spent the day butchering, I can really say I am ready for winter.  I'm not quite sure how I am going to spend the next 7 months.  That may sound odd given I have 3 kids.  Am swamped at work.  Have things to do to the house.  But it is hard for me to be 'inactive'.  As I go into my sixth winter in Alaska, we will see how many more I have here.  It is no surprise to those of you reading how unhappy I am here.  With this job.  I love being a public defender but the politics of working for the State......well not so much.  Plus I have noticed a real change in how cases are prosecuted and I am concerned about how my practice is going to change.   Anyways, not much new around here.  I guess the most exciting thing was Sasha sitting up on her own last Friday.  No more babies for us..We have all been sick (again) and that is no fun....ever since Kadee started school we have all been sick going on a month now.  School is going well for her and the adjustment has been easier than I thought it would be.  That's about it.  Another busy week for me.  Maybe it will be a good week....   






Comments

josh said…
looking good buddy. Believe it or not I can't wait for the winter - now I can go outside. Give me a call ASAP. As in this evening if you're available.

Popular posts from this blog