So, Tustumena glacier. Truly one of my favorite spots on this earth.  Last year the interns and I figured out how to get up there.  This year I returned with Sean, the only intern who is interested in such things.  A few other people told me they were going and flaked out after I bought the food.  Oh well.  The boat ran like a champ and only burned 6.3 GPH.  That may not sound very exciting to you but wow!  Flying across the lake at 35 MPH for 6.3 GPH is pretty darned cool.  For laughs, I took up my chef's whites.  Cooked a meal fit for a king.  Scallops in butter and garlic.  Caesar salad.  Ribeye steaks, roast corn and bakes potatoes.  Crown Royal on 10,000 year old ice.  If I may say so, the meal was amazing, even though I got stuck with a food bill for people who flaked.  I hope the glacier lasts long to show my kids, assuming I am still in the area.  I like it so much because so few people have ever been there.  Anyways, an amazing trip in an amazing place.  Didn't see any bears but hard to step without stepping in scat so they are there.  If any of the few readers I have these days want to go let me know...    

Comments

josh said…
beats the hell out of my free time

Popular posts from this blog