So, summer vacation 2011.  I can't remember ever taking 2 weeks off in a row before. G is up from California with a buddy and his 14 year old kid. Yesterday was our first day. We spent the day out at Tustumena. God I am going to miss that place when the boat goes in a few weeks. So far we have ate bacon twice in
a day (including in my salmon BLT's), shot guns, watched a black bear swim across a river and come RIGHT at us, panned for gold, dipnetted, watched salmon spawn, drank whiskey, played X-box, hiked to a glacier and gone for a Rhino ride. Tomorrow we are going gold panning and halibut fishing. We are going to camp overnight.  I am amazed at how much we have packed into a few days.  I am hoping to get my fill now for several reasons: first, it is great to have guys to do things with.  Second, the boat goes in a few weeks.  Third, I don't know what the future holds and where I will be this time next year.  So stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog