So, I have made a hard decision.  I am selling my boat and taking a huge, huge loss.  I have arranged to keep it until August 6, when G leaves and J and the kids come home from England.  There are a lot of reasons.  She has caused me a lot of problems.  Between payments, expenses and repairs I bet she costs me $350 a month.  And although she is running great now, it is just a matter of time until she requires thousands more.  Besides, it is one less thing to own.  I am having a hard time right now.  Today is the first day of summer.  For me, it is a hard day because the days get shorter now.  8 more months of winter is coming.  I wouldn't mind that so much if I had money to get out of here for a bit of it.  If I had the money to fix all the things that break in the winter.  But I don't.  I don't know.  I don't know how much longer I can be a public defender either.  This job is hopeless.  It seems to me that drugs are coming in hard to the Kenai Peninsula.  It seems all I do anymore is drug cases.  I'm ready for a change.  And that means getting rid of 'stuff'.  So 'The Defense Rests' is going, at a loss of almost $20,000.  I don't where or what yet.  Time for a drink and enjoy 23 hours of daylight.            




Comments

josh said…
This is a decision that will probably end up saving your life
Bah. If I die on the boat, at least I died with my boots on.

Popular posts from this blog