So. So. Those of you who know me, know that the last few weeks for me have been incredibly difficult. It's not my intention to talk about all the reasons why. There are a number of reasons. Instead, what I am going to do is write about what I am going to do about it. Quite honestly, I do so more for myself than anything. One reason I have been unhappy is this crappy little house. So, I've decided to fix it up. I'm going to paint and put in new flooring. I may not have the money to do it all at once. I don't care. If I have to buy one box of laminate at a time, I'm going to do it. I've decided to put myself in 'Spring' mode. Those of you who know me, know how much energy I have. So, here we go. Bill and I used the trucks to yank the boat of a snow bank yesterday. I've set up the seed table. I've ordered two new hogs and chicks come soon. I shoveled off the roof of the house today. One BIG thing I've decided is this: I don't care what it takes but we ARE getting out of here next winter. It is going to take a lot of sacrifice and effort to save the money that we need. But I have a plan and I don't care what I have to give up over the next year. If we use air miles and the Alaska companion ticket and go before Sasha turns two, we can just do it. We just can't make it through another winter without a break. These are the things that I can do now to come out of this. All will come right.

Comments

jLow said…
You and I must have been having the same thoughts last week . . . although the house is fine (the house we are trying to sell is an effing MONEY PIT!!), we do have a big ticket item we would like to purchase and are tired of waiting to win the lottery. I spent three days last week working on a budget spreadsheet. It seems that we CAN save some money if we'll stay as much on track as possible. It will take 60 days to get half of it saved . . . I feel better already just by the simple undertaking of a new plan. You're headed in the right direction for that tropical vacation next winter!
Anonymous said…
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE "WINNING"!
CJ said…
I thought my cabin fever gets bad every year around February. Man, I really feel for you. Every so often I consider a move to Alaska but then I come to my senses.
jLow said…
I would LOVE to move to Alaska, sense or no sense, . . . but divorce would be involved and I kinda love the big lug.

Popular posts from this blog