So, I predicted that 2011 would be a good year for me and my family. I had a few pending matters in the Superior Court that I felt strongly about. Today the Superior Court ruled as follows "The Court finds that limiting consideration of a child's intent to remain in Alaska solely on the immigration intent of their parents violates the equal protection clauses of the United States and Alaska constitutions....Because the court finds the Department's factual conclusions were incorrect, and because the Department's applications of regulations violated the equal protection rights of the children, the court REVERSES the Departments final decision denying PFD's to the Adams children". The emphasis is mine. That's all I will say about it. The matter might still be appealed and the lawyer in me thinks that is all that should be said. I will say this. I like to imagine my girls one day. Someplace warm. On a patio maybe. Off to College and looking at the ocean. I hope they raise a glass to their old man who decided he would rather be bled white than have the State tell them they are second class citizens because of where I came from. To paraphrase Willie Nelson, the Government may one day chase me to the border like a rustler, an outlaw, a thief. But never you. You are American. And as long as I live I will fight for you. I hope their PFD money lets them see and do things that I can't even imagine. So far everything I have hoped for this year has come true. I got our tax refund today and paid off two bills. And it is going to get better. Much, much better. Just wait. I have something in the works that, if it works, will change our lives in ways I cannot imagine. 2011 is it. Watch this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gonna be a great year, buddy! Now we just gotta get that gold!
S. Brown said…
Congrats- Just found your blog a
few weeks ago...Lived on the Pennisula in the 80s'...In agreement with your views...
jLow said…
Congratulations! and very happy to hear that 2011 will be a prosperous one . . .
Dan said…
AWESOME!!!!
angela said…
Congrats! Your girls deserve every dime. Now did you get the 2011 applications in for all 3? The deadlines coming quick!
CJ said…
Outstanding. Congratulations to you and your family.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, that was a hard fought victory.

Popular posts from this blog