So, Sarah Palin's Alaska. How can I put this nicely? Hmmm. Ok. I got it. What a dumb bitch. I have a number of problems with this show, beyond the obvious trash TV quality to it. I must admit I have been drawn to it a few times, like a fly to garbage. I feel ashamed of myself. But I have noticed a few things. First, I like how she claims that Alaska is just chock full of these adventures. Well it is, but she never mentions that being a multi millionaire helps. Gee Sarah, can I come along on the private float planes/helicopters that ferry you around the State? Second, she is just so full of crap about her family. About how it is the most important thing in the world. Ummmm, Sarah, why do we almost NEVER see Trig? You know, the special needs child who probably needs you a lot. Does he have a nanny? I mean where is he when you are having all these great adventures with Todd? It's not really my place to judge how you raise your family, but when you make your family choices political fodder, it is open game. So where is he? Finally, she is just so full of crap. Agh! For example, she goes caribou hunting up north. It is obvious that she has never shot the gun that she is trying to use to kill an animal. All she worries about is the "kick". Then she misses over and over while her dad loads. Hey sweetheart, after your rifle has been booted around a small plane over a 1000 miles, any responsible hunter would check the scope. Geez lady. It is all just so damned contrived and awful. I know, I know...I have watched it. But a lot of it is just because it about Alaska. This place is amazing. And watching it gives me a chance to scream at the TV. She is such a phony.

In other news, I hope I sleep tonight. I argue the girls PFD appeal tomorrow.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hear, hear! It IS hard to turn away from this train wreck. I suspect that she's NEVER been caribou hunting before, since she can't imagine what the kick is like with they type of rifle you'd use for hunting. Besides, like you said, she doesn't even know how to load or reload it, leaving it to her father. Well, that's the greater Anchorage area for ya.
Paigie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paigie said…
I know you did awesome on your argument. Were the girls there sitting at the table with ya?
Susan Stevenson said…
I'm no Palin fan, but I was drawn to this show too - just like flies to garbage as you say. :) However, as luck would have it - each time the show airs, we get snow here in North Pole and it covers our DISH and we lose the channel. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. So I've never seen an episode.

I hope all went well for you regarding PFD. We had to fight for my husband's PFD back in 2006, but fortunately we only had to file an appeal and it never went to court. They overturned their original decision to deny him. (He was active duty in Iraq and they said he was not a resident *shakes head*). I sure wish they put as much effort into going after the people who don't even live here and apply fraudulently. I know several military families who have collected the PFD (for large families) even when they knew they were PCSing and never coming back. I didn't even apply until we bought our home here and made the decision to retire here.

Susan in North Pole
tiny tim said…
Sarah Palin is polarizing across the country. Love her or hate her, she is bringing attention to Alaska. And no press is bad press? No matter how she makes herself look, she can't change how Alaska looks.
You all can be horrified by her, but there were many Alaskans who elected her as governor and there are many voters in the whole country who would elect her as president.

Popular posts from this blog