So, at 1:54 p.m. on the day of first snow of winter 2010 came my Sasha Jade. And just like that I was in love with a 19 inch 7 lb 1.6 oz little girl. The newest Alaskan. Despite what the State says, I vow to my dying breath to fight the assertion that you are a second class citizen because of my citizenship. I vow to fight anyone who would hurt you. So many emotions were in my heart and mind. I was proud of J for doing such a good job. Amazed by the life in front of me. Amazed at how, once I saw her, all the worries over how to make it work financially just disappeared. I don't have a lot of time right now. But to my little girl: already, I love you more than you will ever know. I promise to give you all I have and all I am. Your mom and I have given up a lot to be in this amazing place called Alaska so you could be born as free as anyone ever has. I can't wait to show you this place. I can't wait for you to get to know your sisters. They are amazing, beautiful little girls who will be amazing women. There will be tough times ahead. I won't be able to give you everything that you deserve. But I hope I always remember the tears in my eyes when I first saw you. I am reminded of a quote from one of my favorite movies, the Straight Story. Alvin tells a story about his kids:"I'd give each one of 'em a stick and, one for each one of 'em, then I'd say, 'You break that.' Course they could real easy. Then I'd say, 'Tie them sticks in a bundle and try to break that.' Course they couldn't. Then I'd say, "That bundle... that's family." Welcome to Alaska little one. Welcome to your family.

Comments

Paigie said…
Congratulations J and Ben! What a beautiful family.
Congratulations, buddy! Keep on fighting!
Josh said…
Congrats!! Can't wait to meet her.
Anonymous said…
to ben,julianne and family congratulations,from margaret
Anonymous said…
congratulations to you all well done juxyvette and family
A said…
Congratulations guys. Can't wait to make it up there and meet your new little angel.
xo
Ame
Welcome to the world, Sasha Jade Adams. You are very lucky to have two big sisters to teach you things and look out for you, as well as two parents to love you. And three citizenships. The world is your oyster.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Ben! She is truly amazing.

~LeahAnn
Hawksbill said…
Congratulations on the new baby! I've been reading your blog sporadically for a couple of years and it's been very nice to watch your family grow.

I only have 2 kids myself, but I've heard the jump to 3 is a bit of a shock because you're outnumbered for the first time. Good luck! You should be very proud!
Justin T. said…
Congrats buddy, she is beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog