So, there are a lot of good things about fall in Alaska. For me, one of the best is having almost everything on the plate something I grew or caught myself. Of course we are far from self sufficient. I don't grow wheat for the flour. I don't go down to Cook Inlet and evaporate water for sea salt. But ever since I read how many calories it takes these days to grow and transport food (especially to Alaska), I try hard to eat locally when I can. Of course none of this new....except for the bread. I was never much of a baker until the last few months. I have been trying to perfect sourdough and it is coming along. I'm still not much of a baker. You can really feel the fall in the air now, especially at night. The leaves are mostly yellow and are starting to fall. So a nice roast chicken and sourdough sure goes down easy. Tomorrow it is back to work. It is going to be a long, long week.

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/091510/new_708015023.shtml

Comments

Popular posts from this blog