So, Kenai lake. Not much to report and that is how I like it. I took the Interns to the lake. The boat worked. The baked salmon was delicious. I am hoping it turns out to be a good summer after all. The Interns are convincing me not to worry about the fact they are women and do the stuff that I do. So I took them on the boat. Showed them how to shoot (they are better than I expected), let Intern #3 drive the boat and Intern Cooper did a heck of a job with lines and handling getting the boat on and off the beach. Just a heck of a job. It is almost boring to report 'nothing' but there we go. Gets my mind off wrecked Rhinos, the dryer that went out today, the Supreme Court gutting Miranda and all the other bullshit in the world. I found some blue lupines at the lake, which Kadee loves. She calls them 'Hornicorn' flowers because she has a stuffed unicorn that she calls a 'hornicorn'. I love coming home....the girls get so excited to see me and they loved the flowers. All is well..........


Comments

Justin T. said…
they probably didn't fall in the river while trying to launch the boat like Scott did though, huh? this summer's interns < last summer's interns.
No. She didn't. I had forgotten about that. We went to the same island and hung out. So far so good. Drinking. Check. Guns. Check. Boating. Check. Killing chickens. Check. Looking good girls.
josh said…
Gutting? Really?
Gutting is something that I have yet to see. I'm just saying that the female interns are doing pretty darned good. It could be worse: they could hate all the stuff that I love. I was lucky with you guys...
josh said…
Oh I'm not doubting the new interns ability to gut, I mean I flipped that thing twice and did 1/100th the damage - so hats off. I was talking about the new Miranda decision, which of course I don't like, but I think is not as bad as the defense bar is making it out to be. At least I hope not. Clients should always be reminded to invoke the 6th - and to blame it on prior attorney advice to avoid more severe beatings, i.e., "I'd love to cooperate, but my attorney said I shouldn't talk to police officers until s/he's present. And while I don't understand his dumb advice, I'd like to speak with him before speaking with you - I'm really sorry." Working in juvy, I feel a certain obligation to teach kids their rights early in life when the sanctions aren't so bad . . . not that I'll see any of them again I'm sure.
tiny tim said…
We'll get Miranda back. Obama's got a few more nominees left in his tenure, hopefully.

Popular posts from this blog