So, as the wife would say, "faaaaaiiiinnnnnnnnggg interns yeah". Oh the evening started as usual. A fire. I barbecued some salmon burgers. We listened to Super Tramp a few dozen times. Some of us drank. I lent my Rhino to the interns. You know, the usual stuff on a summer night. It ended with Jesse in the Emergency room and a wrecked Rhino. I mean wrecked bad. Oh I was pissed when Intern Josh did some body damage. But Intern #3, as she has asked to be called, skewered the Rhino with a 4" spruce log. It was just a total accident. She doesn't drink and wasn't impaired. But she got sucked into a rut when she was really moving and she just impaled it. The engine and tranny might be totaled. But much more importantly, the blood in the Rhino is Jesse's. The log went right through the body, through (and, thankfully mostly past Jesse) and into the engine. A few inches higher and Jesse would have been badly hurt or killed. It is that simple.So I was relieved. And I laughed about it. I mean what can I do? I think I have grown up a little since Josh flipped it. It is just steel and plastic and money. We managed, with a chainsaw, two trucks, a chain and a trailer to get the Rhino 'safely' back home, where Jesse proceeded to leak all over the place. Sigh. What can I do? And before anyone asks 'was it insured', I will say don't ask stupid questions. Of course not. I have been bugging the Interns this year. I mean 3 women? But they swore they would out-do last years guys. Good start. Welcome to Alaska Intern #3. P.S. The boat is insured so you are driving that next weekend......

Comments

josh said…
And to think of all the pouting over a ding. You owe me a call.
This is not good, Jerry. Not good at all.
I am hoping it will be fixed by July if you come up G. Ok Josh, I will call.
Anonymous said…
Is intern #3 Wallina Tetlow? Geez, "Fight Club"-esque rules should apply.
crimlawman said…
Hey Ben, I think your homeowners insurance would cover that. Look into it at least.
Gloria said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria said…
Thank goodness everyone is alive! What a shocker.

Popular posts from this blog