So, have I mentioned how much I fu&*&k(&^ hate April? Have I? It isn't just all the new snow we got this week. Or little things like having things you want to use frozen solid when it is almost May. First, my bear hunting trip has been cancelled. Last fall I took the boat to the mechanic. We drained it. Filled it with antifreeze. Properly winterized it. Yet somehow something froze and cracked something somewhere so now it is spewing antifreeze. It will take time and money to fix. A lot of money. So we had to bag on the cabin and the whole thing. Why did it happen? April. How am I going to pay for the repairs? Absolutely no clue. Yesterday for some reason, my wood stove split open. The house filled with smoke, smoke alarms went off, the whole thing. I tried to temporarily repair it with something that got too hot and the whole house reeked. I got some high temperature glue and got it patched. But why did that happen? April. J went to turn on her computer today and POOF the screen blew out. Just got it maybe a year ago. Why did it blow? April. We just came back from the emergency room. Another huge bill. Thank you shitty State of Alaska medical benefits. I got another big bill today. Healthy family? Good job? Health insurance? Yup. Still owe thousands in medical bills at any given time. Kadee fell off the couch and lost consciousness for a few minutes. She was limp and her eyes were rolling back into her head. The doctor says she seems ok but we are supposed to keep a very close eye on her tonight. I am sure that the insurance company will say that was not an emergency and charge me an extra $100 for it. Why did this happen? April. The month is only half over. I can't wait to see what else 'break-up' brings. Last year it cost me about $2000 in broken stuff. And the worst part is that stuff just breaks. For no reason that I can find. Stuff that never caused a problem before. Stuff that we are not even using. Stuff that was put away properly. If you take all the things in my life that break, 95% of them are in April. It is because the FUC&*^ winters here destroy everything and then when stuff starts to thaw it just breaks apart. Winters here suck the FUC*&^*&^ life out of you. God I hate April. I don't know how much more I can take. I honestly don't.

Comments

Anonymous said…
solution: build a garage...
I've heard those winters in Kenai are real brutal...aren't you the guy who said he would love to live in the bush?? lol...
What percentage of cops would you presume are corrupt? Is it your position that man kind, as a whole, would be better off without police? Do you think a police officer becomes a scumbag the minute he swears in, or does it take time?
Get off my ass jackass. Either you are an Alaskan and you are sick of the winter too or you have no clue and you NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP. Pick one. I understand why my clients get into so much trouble this time of year.
Anonymous said…
Winter where I am brings opportunity. It freezes the sea and rivers creating trails that we use as highways to survive. I'm not "sick" of the winter at all, I cherish this time of year.

http://www.thearcticsounder.com/article/1015staff_quits_nunam_clinic

'I'd like the community to know, any community to know, that they should support their health aides and law enforcement, because once it's gone, they'll realize how much they want it back, how much they took it for granted,' Afcan said.
Yeah whatever. I know exactly where you are. You have been leaving shitty little comments for years. I know your IP address and I know exactly where you are. How many times in the last few years have I asked you to go away. Go enjoy the sea ice or something.
tiny tim said…
It absolutely baffles me that people would read your blog just to harass you. Some of whom even try to kick you while you're down. The only thing I can suggest is to make your blog visible only to people you have approved, or shut down the comment section completely. I know you don't want to do that, so just know that there are people who sympathize with what you do and how you feel. There are people who also know a personal blog is sometimes a place to just vent.
Don't let people bother you.
Thanks Tim. I know this post was bitchy and whiney. I know that. I don't need to be told. It is just the way I feel at the end of a long winter. I can just about see spring but I have to get through the next few weeks. And, in my life at least, it is the time of year everything breaks and leaks and cracks. Argh. I look forward to posting again about things are GOOD. But it would not be a reflection of my life if I didn't vent (especially about the boat). I won't shut down the comments.
Anonymous said…
Look on the bright side: At least your house doesn't look like those pictures.
Anonymous said…
Dude, the only thing you don't have is a plane! Don't complain so much. Ever think about converting your boat into a big chicken coup?
Hey asshole! It is my blog and I will bitch if I want to. How many times have I asked you to learn to spell? It is chicken coop. A coup is something else entirely. If you don't like it you can g_ f_ck y__rs_lf. Want to buy a vowel?
Anonymous said…
Go ride your rino ass
First, of all it is a Rhino. Spelled wrong and not capitalized, as a proper noun should be. Second, I have had enough of you. All comments from you are now going to be deleted. I have exercised my freedom of speech patience with you enough. If I am crabby, let me be crabby. You, sir, are a dick. And a dick you can go elsewhere. Goodday.

Popular posts from this blog