So, I went to the Caribou hills to snowmachine. To be honest I didn't want to go. But I had a good time anyway. Learned (again) a valuable lesson. When we went out it was a bluebird day. I had no gear other than what I had on. Then, from the direction of Tustumena lake, a storm moved in. It was 'only' a spring storm, but it was bad enough. It became almost impossible to see. Thank god we had some idea where we were and there were trails. Good lesson. Everytime you get complacent in Alaska, it reminds you that it can kill you in the blink of an eye. We made it back to the cabin and everything was alright. Next time I go, I am taking a backpack with better gear and survival equipment. I keep thinking that the end of March is 'safe'. It is not. Be careful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When you go, I still get your boat, right?

g
Yes....although the chances of me dying on the boat are at least 95%.
Anonymous said…
That's true. Hopefully, if that happens, the boat won't be to fucked up.

g
You will be on it this summer if you come up. I have some super cool stuff planned. Super cool. Will be a good summer. Lots of good pics and good times.

Popular posts from this blog