So, April is coming. God it sucks. Not winter and not summer. But, the good news is that I know how I feel during April. So I am staying busy. Today was Seward's day. To celebrate being in Alaska I cut wood. Got the .300 Win Mag ready for Spring bear season. I have not shot a black bear yet but want to do so this spring. The kids and I really, really enjoy bear meat. I planted seeds for the garden. Of course, the kids tried to help. I think the kids were more distracted by the new pup. This time I got a hound/lab mix. We'll see how he does, after the bad luck we have had with dogs. Let's hope he has a long and happy life. So. Bring it on April. My seeds are growing. My kids. Chickens and hogs are on the way. The .300 Win Mag is dialed in. The wood pile is growing. Soon it will be time to make (and drink) beer. The boat is almost ready to go. The summer 2010 list is done. Driving the Alcan. Kennicott. Fishing, camping, hiking, hunting and gardening are all on the list. I am ready. I hope.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
you have sold out Ben. That appears to be a gas-powered log splitter. I like the old way we did it.
No. I got ONE load so far with that thing. See the pile beside the boat?

Popular posts from this blog