So, for the few of you out there that have ever prepared for a murder trial, you and only you, know where I am right now. Obviously, I am not going to talk about my case. A simple 'google' search will tell you more than I will. I'll save you the trouble. http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/072309/new_468615034.shtml. This is truly the case of a lifetime. The chance to try a 'cold' case murder. I am having difficulty focusing on anything else in life. In three weeks I will do battle for a man's life. I simply won't say more than this. Only a relative handful of people on Earth know how I feel right now. I will never be more proud than when I step up to introduce the defense team in this case. It is what I have worked for my whole life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ben...everyone who has ever met you knows you are up to this challenge. Good luck
Anonymous said…
I think as you prepare yourself for the big trial, you should keep in mind the following words of wisdom:

Who in this park, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community.

Mr. Lahey. Trailer Park Boys
Wow. Makes the maple leaf on my shoulder tingle.
Anonymous said…
"I will never be more proud than when I step up to introduce the defense team in this case."

Wait until the verdict, then you can be even more, really truly proud.

As they say in theater, "break a leg".
Ben,

Your fan is quoting Mr Lahey?

Wow. That's deep.

This cold case trial sounds fascinating. I'm on the edge of my seat, and might just move there to watch it.

Is there a decent trailer park within walking distance of the courthouse?

Regards,

sc

Popular posts from this blog