So, thank you to whoever hit the calf last night. I feel sorry for him but he did not go to waste. It was the first moose I had to do all by myself and I am glad it was a small one. I have now butchered 8 moose. Remember to take the quarters off first and then the hide and THEN gut it. I am exhausted. I got the call at 1 am when I was just about asleep. I butchered until 3:30 a.m. Luckily he was just small enough for me to get home so I got to clean him with light and hot water at hand. Tonight after work the interns and I butchered him up. Maybe 25 lbs of meat. But I got a nice hide too. God my freezer is getting full.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice find! It's funny that you've been subsisting primarily on road kill moose. When I tell people here in Ca about that, they exhibit the vomit reflex. Little do they know.

g
josh said…
The applause makes it worth it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85-Mxzy2EA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geekologie.com%2F&feature=player_embedded

Popular posts from this blog