So, I did something I never thought I would do: I went out on Skilak Lake. Note to future self: always take coordinates for location and a tent. Although we got out on the lake, we did not get to Doroshin Bay Cabin. 2 of us wanted to proceed and 2 wanted to turn around. I must admit the lake was rough but for some reason I can't figure out, it didn't bother me like it usually would. Was it the belly full of pork and Canadian Mist? We will never know.. In a dumb move we all assumed we would find the cabin so we brought no tents. Forty pounds of beer but no tents. We would not have died if we had to spend the night but it meant we came home. In the future we need to take tents, a tarp and coordinates of where we are going. Still a fun night but it was frustrating not to make it to our final destination.

Comments

Anonymous said…
60.423ºN 150.145ºW
Anonymous said…
wat else did you do with those sausages baahahahahaha.
i'm implying that you are gay...
Triston Jones said…
There is no majority voting on the water! Democracy does not rule! You must lead your men to the cabin, and if a couple die trying, they will be remembered
Ummm, those are not the right coordinates not are they even complete. The coordinates for the Doroshin Bay cabin are 60.25.573, 150.08.437. Anon #2, if we had been in my boat, we would have proceeded.
Anonymous said…
you're a lawyer, you' re and outdoorsman...one would think you could figure out that the figures given to you by anon 1 were in decimal format...what you posted was in degrees minutes seconds.
You know what...you are right. Absolutely right. Except I never use the decimal system. When I did it said that the bay was at N 60.42333 and W -150.145. Now it makes sense. My mistake.
Anonymous said…
Decimal shicimil, minutes schminutes. Many a commercial fisherman had to be taught this lesson by the fish cops.

Popular posts from this blog