So, dipnetting on the Kenai kicks ass. That is all I can say. The freezer is coming along nicely. The Kenai reds are quite a bit bigger than Kasilof reds. We went out tonight and were just killing them but we had to stop early as one of our party was catching a plane. A few more and I will be set for the winter. Well, except I can't catch a halibut to save my life. The hogs are doing great and I had another litter of rabbits yesterday. The garden and greenhouse are doing great this year. It is all coming together. Work is going well and I am preparing for my big case. Like I said, this blog would be much more interesting if I could talk about it but I won't and I can't. So you will just have to be content with the things I can talk about. Like how dipnetting on the Kenai kicks ass.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is off topic from your post, but someone recently told me there is no crime of conspiracy in Alaska. Is that true?
Anonymous said…
Only certain crimes can have a conspiracy charge. Note not available re: business, political etc. dealings. Legislators did not want the law to apply to them.


Sec. 11.31.120. Conspiracy.

(a) An offender commits the crime of conspiracy if, with the intent to promote or facilitate a serious felony offense, the offender agrees with one or more persons to engage in or cause the performance of that activity and the offender or one of the persons does an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

(b) If an offender commits the crime of conspiracy and knows that a person with whom the offender conspires to commit a serious felony offense has conspired or will conspire with another person or persons to commit the same serious felony offense, the offender is guilty of conspiring with that other person or persons to commit that crime whether or not the offender knows their identities.
I agree that AS 11.31.120 defines the crime of conspiracey, so no, that is not true. Feel free to be off topic...I feel like I don't have anything exciting to write about these days I am afraid.
Anonymous said…
I am the original poster on the conspiracy question. I asked the individual and he referred me to LaFave on Criminal Procedure. There it states that there is no crime of conspiracy in Alaska. Apparently that is incorrect. I'm glad I checked.

Thanks for your help.

Popular posts from this blog