So, today we put away 36 chickens. Cornish Cross are amazing birds. 8 weeks from egg to freezer. As usual, nothing was wasted. The birds are in the freezer, the feathers and heads are going to the worms and the pigs ate the boiled heads and feet. It was another stunningly beautifulday in this part of Alaska. The group is not doing much this weekend..we are all pretty tired from all the activities going on lately. Not to mention that I have been working hard on the murder case I am taking to trial. I really, really wish I could talk about it because it is the most fascinating piece of legal work I have done. All I will say is that it is a cold case murder and the State got the wrong guy. That's right, I don't think my client did it. Doing a First Degree Murder trial with a client who didn't do it is the absolutely highest level of criminal work. I am profoundly honored to do it. Needless to say I will be working a lot of nights and weekends this summer. I had better get some fishing in soon. Tonight, people are coming back after they clean up and we are roasting a chicken on a spit. It is amazing outside.........

P.S. This is how it looked. Delicious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"No, piggies, the chicken parts are in the pot. You need to eat them to fatten yourselves up. Please stop eating dirt. Eat the stuff in the pot. Mmmmm, yummy."
Anonymous said…
boring...
Yeah, my life isn't always thrilling. Terribly sorry....it was a good day though. Sitting around the fire roasting a chicken you just killed, drinking beers with good friends and watching the midnight sun is just a darned good time.
Gracehoper said…
RE: your client accused of murder/wrong guy - this is exactly what I work with. Good for you for believing in his innocence!
Anonymous said…
Boring??? Hardly. Looks like a great time, especially with the end result...a chicken on a spit!

g

Popular posts from this blog