So, I am truly the world's worst fisherman. I went where I was told the fish were. I had the right bait. The right gear. Yet this weekend's trip produced not one halibut. Damnit. On the upside the boat ran like a champ. It did suck up a lot of fuel but it was carrying 5 guys and our gear. I went 25 MPH everywhere we went. Divided by 5 it wasn't bad. I also got to explore more of Kachemak Bay, a simply stunning part of the world. We camped last night in Sadie Cove. We explored some of it but we were aware we were low on fuel. Today I put 54 gallons into my 50 gallon tanks! Close. We pulled into Seldovia and had a beer so I got to see that town too. We took Jesse's little Zodiac and anchored the boat off shore. We rowed back and forth all night, catching Dolly Vardens and enjoying a beautiful night. The smart ones slept on the boat...it poured last night and I woke up to enough water in the tent that my shotgun was submerged. It was my own fault...you always prepare for bad weather in Alaska and I left the tarps behind. I was a little sad last night realizing that the days are now about to start getting shorter. Winter is coming back and I am not ready. I am going through my summer 2009 list pretty good but there are still a lot of things on it, especially with my murder trial starting in mid August. Happy Father's day. I need to clean the boat and gear and then enjoy the family...

Comments

101 in Texas said…
nice
Anonymous said…
How are the pigs doing?

g2
Frank looks like he is going to make it!
Anonymous said…
For a little while, anyway!

g2
Anonymous said…
Try Tutka Bay. There is a deep hole. Record size butts. You drove right past the best protected halibut hole.

Popular posts from this blog