So, I can't even begin to describe how nice it has been this weekend. With weather in the 60's and 70's we had a nicer weekend than all of last summer combined. You really can't appreciate a Spring day until you have waited 20 months for it. Simply amazing. For the most part I stayed home and did things around the house. However, today Jesse and I took his skiff out to Tustumena Lake to work out the kinks. A few minor issues like flat tires and broken tail lights and the lake is still frozen a few hundred yards past the entrance to the Kasilof (you can see the line of ice behind me) but still a great trip. We treated it like a test run, as it was the first real run of the year. My boat is, as usual, in the shop. I love that lake. We landed to make a fire and have some food and our only real company was this fellow, wherever he was. I kept my gun on me in case he decided that the smell of cooking sausages was worth exploring. I can only hope this weather lasts a bit longer. We are all a little sunburned and I lost a few plants that could not handle the heat, but it is worth it. Quite simply, a really, really good weekend here in the Great Land.
video

Comments

Anonymous said…
boy do i miss it. sucks here in hellhole. i was told i would always want to return, but i hoped that feeling would not come so soon after leaving. just sucks. glad for you though, very glad.
Anonymous said…
I second that feeling. Especially spring time in Alaska. Good times!

g
It is amazing here. It would be even better if you two were here.
Anonymous said…
compain complain complain...typical democrat.
Anonymous said…
democrat? Try libertarian.
I'm not sure who are saying is complaining? Is this post meant to be sarcastic. The post was about how great the weather was. Are you saying that a comment was complaining? God I hate you slimy little anonymous posters who make stupid little comments. P.S. I am hardly a "Democrat"...my extreme love of guns takes me out of that party. You are one dumb sumbitch.
Anonymous said…
I bet those weiners were not the only thing you were smoking...
Actually it is 'weaner'. As in a pig that is weaned. As opposed to a feeder pig. God you are one dumb sumbitch
Anonymous said…
Actually both are wrong.

But he/she is still a dick. Maybe needs a sausage, in the worst way.


Vienna, Austria became popular for its sausages, which were called “Vienna sausages” or “wieners” (after “wien,” the German for “Vienna"). Some forms include “wiener wurst” (little sausages), “wienies,” and “weenies.” The misspelling “weiner” is also common in America.
Well I agree that the meat can be called a weiner but the pigs are called weaners.

Popular posts from this blog