So, I was late for court today. This little guy was enough to delay me but the prospect of having to push past his much bigger, and much 'meaner', momma was worse. I kept trying to wave him off with a file but he pinned his ears and spun around. Eventually I just had to step out and drive him off. I figured that Magistrate Christian would understand. Of course, I had better have a good excuse. The State of Alaska has put a "hard" hiring freeze in effect and we have been told no more hiring will occur, even though we are short one staff member. If only Kadee had been there! She has figured out that moose, and especially a moose calf like we had for dinner last night, is damn good eating. For the first time Kadee wanted to help cook dinner. I want to encourage that as I love to cook and maybe she will learn to love food too. Here is a picture of the Kadee cooking for the very first time.
video
P.S. Alyssa has her first tooth! She is not too happy about it.

Comments

max said…
Like a scene out of Northern Exposure....
Anonymous said…
Being late is better than this:

Mistrial Declared After Defendant Smears Feces on Lawyer
01-28-2009

A San Diego home-invasion robbery trial abruptly ended when the defendant suddenly smeared feces on the face of his attorney and threw more at jurors.

Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Fraser declared a mistrial and hiked 37-year-old defendant Weusi McGowan's bail to $1 million pending a Feb. 9 hearing.

Prosecutor Christopher Lawson says McGowan was upset Monday because the judge refused to remove public defender Jeffrey Martin from the case.

McGowan had smuggled a plastic bag filled with feces into the courtroom and he spread it on Martin's hair and face before flinging the excrement toward jurors. No jurors were hit.

McGowan is charged with kidnapping for robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and other counts for an Oct. 17, 2007, home invasion assault
You are right, being late is not a big deal (unless I had been trampled) compared to that. Yuck. I suspect the client wanted a mistrial....he may not get it.
josh said…
uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh - judging by the headline I think maybe he did get it . . .
Ha! Oops...I should have read that closer. What a dumbass. I was concentrating on the feces.

Popular posts from this blog