So, winter has settled in. We got a lot of snow on Christmas Day. And it has gotten cold. I was outside today working on the Suburban and it was -10. The sun has just started to go down and it already -14. For my Canadian readers that is -25 C. You know what is weird? I went out this morning in sneakers and not wearing gloves. Andy is Outside and I went to check on his house. I shoveled the worst of his driveway for him. My hands were freezing. But I stayed outside for a big part of the day. Wearing sneakers and no gloves. By the time I came in I was not cold. Not my hands or feet. I once read that there is a photo of explorers in the South Pole shoveling snow with their shirts off in -10 F weather! I believe it....people really do adjust. I am sure it will be -20 or more tonight. Time to get the firewood in. There are times I am annoyed by this weather. Like this weekend it took 2 days to change the muffler on the Suburban. I kept dropping parts. My hands holding the muffler were so cold I could NOT feel them and I had to run into the house. I was annoyed laying under a truck in -10 weather. I won't lie. But then I look down my street and see this. As I have said before: thank GOD for this weather. Otherwise this place would be just like California. And even though it becomes more like that sh&^hole everyday, I can only hope that it retains even a small part of the way it is so my girls can appreciate Alaska as much as I do.

Comments

mominsanity said…
I have been lurking for a little bit and I have to say that I love the pictures that you post on your site. They're very, very beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, buddy!

g
It is easy to take great pics when you live in such a place. G: you should be glad you ain't here. -20right now and -30 in Fairbanks.

Popular posts from this blog