So, victory! Ok. Roadkill. But good God what a roadkill. It is 4:20 a.m. and I just got home from a 4 hour roadside butcher job. A BIG cow. The best part was that the only injury to her was a broken leg BELOW the knee, so there was no wasted meat. At all. Trooper had to put her down. I have never seen a nicer piece of moose. She must have 1/2 inch or more of fat on her. Wow. Thank God AlaskanMadman came and helped. I started to do it myself but she was just too big. Work in less than 4 hours. Ah, the life of a Public Defender in Alaska. Looks like meat is back on the menu boys!

Comments

josh said…
not bad guys, not bad at all!!
Bad news Josh: now that I have my meat for the winter, I can take the Rhino in!
Anonymous said…
Not just nice, bloody nice. Finest meat in Alaska, bar none.
josh said…
I can only imagine what additional damage has been done in the past three weeks - cxation?
Anonymous said…
Hey Ben,
Good chunk of Winter provisions. Was kind of hoping you would tell us about the new candidate for Vice President. by the way, I mentioned you to several of the Placer County Boating Enforcement Deputy Sheriffs and they acted like they never heard of you. I figured you really made a name for yourself down here. Right now, I kind of wish I was up there with you guys. Would have loved to help cut up that cow moose. I need to see what it is like to bring in a boat load of salmon. We cannot even touch them down here.
Phil................
Phil, they probably never did hear of me. I can't remember doing any boating cases....I was always doing felonies and 3 strikes. We could have used your help in cutting the moose. And the salmon. My freezers are FULL. And there is still food in the garden to be frozen.
Anonymous said…
That there is some gross shit. really puts in perspective the size difference between moose and deer.

Popular posts from this blog