So, tomorrow I make my second run to the border. Time to apply for a TN visa. Last year I did it in about 26 hours of straight driving. This year I am not doing that again. I am taking the camping gear and taking my time. Part of me dreads going for 4 days and leaving my family. But I have no choice but to go and doing it without stopping made me sick last year. Part of me is excited, as the drive between Glennallen and the border may be my favorite place on earth. To help get over the depression that choked my heart and mind this past winter I made a list of the things I am going to do between May 1 and October 1. Going to border, camping and hunting rabbits is one of the first things on it. Not that we need the meat now. The moose got butchered but it took two nights after work. My freezer is almost completely full of moose, shee fish, halibut, ling cod, salmon, trout, black bear, caribou and spruce grouse. It's pretty cool. Anyways, I had better go. I want to spend some time with the girls and get packed. I hope to get plenty of neat pictures. I'll post when I get home on Monday.

Comments

Hello,

Have you considered filing your TN extension by mail? I have some info on my blog here if interested: http://www.naftatnlawyer.com/extension-of-tn-status/ You can avoid the trip to the border. Good news on the horizon: DHS has proposed to extend TN visa status from 1 to 3 years.

Interesting blog by the way.
Anonymous said…
Damn, that picture makes me want a steak!
Brian, the first time the State wouldn't agree to do it in writing. Now they do but it was too late with the delays. Thanks for the great news re the 3 year visa.

Popular posts from this blog