So, welcome to Alaska Alyssa Jaye! J went into labor last night about 7 pm and at 11:24 p.m. Alaska time, our daughter was born. There were no complications and, from my point of view, it seemed like an easy birth (J might disagree but she is doing great). J pushed 3 times in 20 minutes and she was here! Alyssa was 7 lbs and 14.5 ounces. She is 20 inches.

Kadee is not sure how to take it I think. Kadee is sleeping right now while J and Alyssa are at the hospital. Soon, I will go to the hospital and see my newest love. Some who know me joke that it is my penance to be surrounded by so many girls. Me? I wonder what I have done in prior lives to deserve to be surrounded by such beauty in this one. To Alyssa: I love you baby girl. Anything I can give you I will. I would lay down my life for yours. No matter what ever happens I am here for you and you can come to me. No matter the cost, no matter what the sacrifice might be, you are my blood and more important to me than you'll ever know. You are about to grow up in the best place on earth. Once again, baby, welcome to Alaska!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations my friend. God bless you all!!!

Jeremy
Gracehoper said…
Congratulations to you and your wife (what a great job she did!) Looking forward to more photos!

Kelly
Anonymous said…
Hey Ben,
Just got off the phone with your beautiful wife. Onlt five hours, you two are so fortunate. What a fune little girl. Happy for you four.
Your Best Friends
Phil & Bonnie...............

ps: Busted up my left hand so my typing is a little limited.
Anonymous said…
That was "only" and "fine." Hate typing with one hand.
Phil...........
fdr said…
Awesome! Congrats! May God grant yhou all many years!

(where's my cigar?)

Popular posts from this blog