So, here is the village of Kotzebue. Felt like I was dying from the cold to get these pictures. I have determined that my cold weather gear is woefully inadequate for this climate. It is okay in Kenai but in -20, -30, or even -40, it really sucks. Once again, the lack of fur is hampering me.
I have finally figured out a way to more or less keep my face warm without the glasses fogging up. But riding on the quad is still damn cold.....if I lived here I would need to upgrade my gear pretty dramatically. Last night my gloves froze into claws when I was out....damn it is cold.

Comments

maximovitch said…
Kotzebue looks pretty big for a village...

By the way, I was checking out the village's website that you posted and I noticed the DWI section was prominantely displayed. Is it that big of a problem over there? Also, what's with that comment on the village's website - "everything is within walking distance" so there is no excuse for DWI? The village looks quite expansive from your picture. Max
It is considered a village, albeit a big one. And it really it small enough that you can walk....or take a cab for $5. DWI is a big problem for a place with no bars.....

Popular posts from this blog