So, we are back from Fairbanks and Chena Hot springs. Long trip but a lot of fun too. The first night we stayed in this cabin at Sheep creek lodge (http://www.sheepcreeklodge.com/). It was super cool and you can't beat the $63 price. Saturday we pushed onto Fairbanks. We were told to prepare for the cold. Yet it stayed in the 20's. Above. In fact it rained. We went to Chena Hot springs. Didn't see the northern lights. But G and I had a good soak in the hot springs. Even though Kadee and J weren't allowed in, I think they had a good time. I must say though that now that I have been once, I doubt I'll go back. Overpriced and bad service. Luckily I know how to entertain myself. For example, G and I blasted the Mini 14. Beautiful. After that it was time to retire to the bunker and drink whiskey and coke.


Today we did the 10 hour drive back in one go. J and Kadee were troopers. Good trip and great to see G of course. Just to change the topic slightly: I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to J. I have been a fool lately. I have allowed my depression to blind me to what is important in life. Many of you know what I am talking about. I will not say what happened on this trip but I feel like Theoden released by Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings. The depression has almost had me under a similar spell. The bottom line is that I love my wife and daughter(s), and I promise to do a better job as a husband and as a father. Together let's enjoy Alaska. And remember how lucky we are.



Comments

fdr said…
You are blessed (no such thing as luck!) indeed, by the glimpse into your life you give us through your blog....
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
If you move this blog to a hosting account and run the right software, you could probably at minimum track the IPs of who is posting, which will narrow them down geographically at least. This would help you decide if you are dealing with a townie or some random internet turd. just a thought.

Malum
Richard said…
Sorry for contacting you through your blog, but I didn't want to call you out of the blue and disturb you at work. The reason I am contacting you is that I recently applied to the Alaska Public Defender's Office. So I was hoping you would be willing to talk to me about your experience there beyond what you've posted here. If so, please feel free to contact me through my gmail account emailrgarcia@gmail.com

Thanks for considering,
Richard Garcia
Anonymous said…
I would like to take this opportunity to say...

...

McLovin.


Jeremy

Popular posts from this blog