So, it's funny how different people make the same mistakes over and over again. Like how I hired this contractor to help me out around here. There were some things that needed doing. He quoted me $1300. I'm now out of pocket $4000 and the jobs are maybe 1/3 finished. I let him go because I couldn't pay for him anymore. Now I have to finish them myself. Oops. Really screwed up because now there is no money left. I mean none. If there is an emergency am cooked. Not even sure how I am going to do the few things that I need to do (like fix brakes on Suburban!) Am even thinking of selling boat. J and I are re-doing interior because cheesy original 1978 carpet makes me gag. Since I got a piece of remnant carpet for nothing, we can improve the value of the boat with just some labor. The boat motor should be in Anchorage tomorrow and I might be on the water by Sunday! Anyways not much is new but just thought I would memorialize getting screwed by a contractor so maybe I won't make the same mistake again.
P.S. For those of you that want a different perspective on my office, check out the new blog of our interns at http://alawska.blogspot.com/ I am the guy who uses the F word excessively! Damn proud moment for me to be noticed like that.
P.P.S. If your want to see more about how bears are real bastards check out this link: http://alaskanabroad.typepad.com/an_alaskan_abroad/files/MuskOxandGriz.wmv I am really starting to rethink my position on not killing brown bears. I mean both babies!!! Time to start tuning up my .300 Win Mag. Son of a bitch!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your only mistake was not getting the estimate turned into a firm bid in writing (a job rate instead of time and materials). That way he is on the hook if things don't go according to plan.

Popular posts from this blog