So get this. The assholes at http://www.remanufactured.com/ who were supposed to send me a brand new engine for my boat didn't. I went to my mechanics yesterday and my "new" engine was in a million parts. It turns out this company took an old junk engine and spray painted it to look new. There is not ONE part that is usable. Even the block itself is garbage. So months of waiting and thousands of dollars later I have a hunk of junk. The scary thing is that company could have killed me and my family. Screw around on Alaska's waters and you could end up dead. We are out at sea. A storm is coming in. My "new" engine doesn't start. The seas are rising and I am panicking. My little girl is screaming. Let me tell you this: I am making it a personal mission to see these assholes in court. Civil for sure. Criminal if I can. Have complained to the Illinois Attorney General and I will never give up until there is some measure of justice. I have represented thousands of clients over the last ten years who have done less and gone to prison, some for life. They could have killed us all. Did they think I wouldn't find out? This is as personal as it gets. Assholes. Went fishing last night. Caught nothing. But a beautiful night on the Kasilof river. The constant light allows me to be outside every night until midnight or 1 am with ease. There is something to be said for having this view for 6 hours, even if the fish are not biting.
P.S. A PERSONAL mission. The thought that these animals would try and steal my money and possibly sacrifice this little girl over a few thousand dollars. I hate this company more than the government itself. For those of you who know me, you know how dramatic that is. Bastards.

Comments

operator101.com said…
OMG. What a bunch of complete and utter bastards. In my opinion (don't you love qualified statements?) you should sue them until they go bankrupt.
operator101.com said…
Oh, FYI, I put your story up on a very large automobile enthusiast website forum. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3310896

Good luck.
Bill said…
Why no picture of the full moon that was out last night?
Thanks Operator. This company is unbelievable. Bill: I uploaded an additional pic just for you.
By the way if you google www.remanufactured.com, you will see many, many complaints of theft and providing the wrong motor etc. They do this a lot I guess.
fdr said…
You've had some bad luck. I hope you win a million dollars.
Well my damages are not a million dollars but I am angry nonetheless. At least it is only my first summer in Alaska. Many more to come. It is just frustrating because the summers are so short and the fish are either here or not. This theft not only cost me money but time.
Anonymous said…
I want to see the updates, jackass. Wish I was there.
Josh said…
I'm only beginning as a law student this fall in Illinois, but I read PD blogs with interest and this whole situation is deplorable. I dashed off a quick E-mail to the company simply asking them to do the right thing and give you a full refund, etc.

I know it probably won't help. But hey, it can't hurt, right?
Thanks Josh. Appreciate the effort a lot. Good luck at school.....contact me if you are ever looking for internships!
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about this. I too have a sad story about them. My Dad was rebuilding a 1967 convertible pontiac firebird and we had been looking for a motor for a few months, my Dad died of cardiac arrest on Dec 21st on Dec 30th I talked with remanufactured.com and they said they exactly what I needed and would have it to me in 3-4 weeks. Well there is no motor apparently and I called and talked to Dean and He said He would refund my money and sent my Mom an e-mail and said the check was on the way. I have yet to see a check?
deneicerumm@netscape.net said…
I am having NIGHTMARE experience with remanufactured.com. 6 months and $3302. later. No engine, no refund and no reply. When I did get replies it was lies and excuses. Any advice or suggestions on how I can go after these guys and get my money back? Class action lawsuit?
√∂blio said…
Thanks for the heads up on remanufatured.com. I was just about to give them a call. They have a very believable website. Beautiful pictures!

Popular posts from this blog