So, Happy Birthday Kadee! You know, when I learned I was going to have a girl, I was very sad. I was crushed in fact. I wanted a boy so bad. Now, a year later, I can't imagine my life without her. She is the light of both our lives. I can't imagine what I would do if someone ever hurt her. I am thankful that J gets to stay home and is such a great mom. I have always felt that daycare is stupid...in fact I get angry just thinking about daycare. I am fully aware that some people say they have to have two incomes. But I also know that most people who say that just don't live within their means. And I know that once you deduct the cost of daycare, clothes, gas, lunches etc. the amount left over for most people is hardly worth having a stranger raise your childrem, even if they are NOT sexually or physically abusing or even just neglecting them. Rather than give a tax break for daycare, the feds should make it more financially possible for parents to stay home with tax incentives. Boats and vacations and all that are great but raising your kids is great too. I know I am lucky to have a good job and wife that can't legally work in the US even if she wanted to. If you think I am overreacting about daycare, remember what I do. I've heard all the horror stories over the years. Anyways, we had a great party for Kadee today. I love you baby girl.

Comments

Happy Birthday!

g
j said…
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY my lickle baby girl.
Someone told me you do not know what love is until you have a child and they were right.
I am amazed by you everyday.
You are my angel, no one can love you more.
hugs and kisses on your special day.
love mum
marctheiler said…
Happy Birthday Katie.
Sorry I couldn't be there.
Who's beautiful cabin that in the birthday pictures?
Glad do hear about such a good turn out.



Marc
kingavshar said…
happy birthday
bill said…
Happy Birthday K!
Bill
FDR said…
Happy Birthday to the young lady!

I wholeheartedly concur with your thoughts on day care. Did God give children to parents so they could turn them over to strangers to raise?

We're broke because my wife is home with our 4 kids, but she, nor I, would trade the time we have for anything...
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Kadee!

This is your uncle Jeremy. You are indeed very lucky to have a stay at home mama.

While I whole heartedly agree that daycare is the devil, I do think that preschool is great. We have our 2.5 year old in preschool 3 hours per day and he loves it. It gives him a chance to socialize and learn how to share etc. The rest of the time he is home with mama. I think the preschool experience coupled with stay at home mom status is ideal. Look into some preschool action when Kadee hits about 2 or 3.
aunty yvette said…
happy birthday for sunday just gone,wish we could have been there with you on your special day.hope you had a lovely day sweet heart.love aunty yvettexx

ps. good on you ju i agree you dont really kow love until you have children of your own and nothing is more preciousxxxx
yvette said…
hi there ju, just to say you both look great and hope you had a good day.

Popular posts from this blog