So, John Sively at Soldotna Realty claims that the reason that they were so rude was that I claimed to be the "new District Attorney". Wow. Just wow. First, I think either his wife or the seller confused "public defender" with "district attorney". That happens to all us PD's from time to time. Second, there is NO "new DA" to claim to be. Third, why would I claim to be a DA? Did I think they wouldn't sell a house to a PD? Besides, claiming to be a DA may be a crime or unethical. I don't know because I have never claimed to be a DA. I am proud of what I do. I wouldn't lie to some realtor. And even if I did claim to be a DA, why would that matter? Then he says that I failed to follow proper procedure by not submitting earnest money. Why would I submit earnest money when I didn't know if my offer had been accepted? Here are the facts. I learned of the sale through a woman who works in the court house. I went over to the house after calling the number I was given. I learned the circumstances of the sale and offered to buy some of the personal property. We shook hands on the sale of the personal property. He made a big deal about me coming back with the money because he knew I was a PD and he used to be an investigator. I told this guy who was selling the stuff off that I am looking for a house and this house had a lot of what I wanted. He said it would be a "godsend" if someone could just take it all. So he gave me the seller's number. I called her and talked to her. She was so excited by my offer to take everything that she offered to fly up so we could talk. In fact, she called me back several times to tell me more about dog and to ask her to call her realtor. I then called Barb and explained that what made the property attractive was the inclusion of the personal property. Barb told me that was not her job...that it was up to me to call the seller and make a deal on the personal property. I told Barb that it was too soon to have the seller fly up and we should she what we could arrange first. I then called the seller twice and left her messages asking her to call me back. When she didn't after almost a week, I sent a two page letter to the realtor. The next response was the "F you letter". When I called to go over and get the personal property, the guy told me it was "sold". Talking about "F you", I saw Soldotna Realty realtor Cindy Weeks at the store today and she gave me the finger. Wow. Just wow. Remember that I offered a full price offer to these people. They act like I offered $50 and a "casio". The realtors at Soldotna Realty are unbelievable. Even if they feel I didn't follow proper procedure, whey wouldn't they call and ask for the earnest money? Why say "F you? Why lose a $329,000 sale over a perceived failure to follow proper procedure? Does that sound right? I am going to make it my mission to make sure everyone knows what the realtors at Soldotna Realty are like. P.S. John calling someone a liar is libel. How would you like to fight about this in Court? Because that is next. Can you be served at work? Awesome.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just checked out Soldotna Realty's website. Wow, they're fuuu-gly.
Anonymous said…
Let's recap. Suicide....bummer....widow...sad...lawyer wanting all the toys and property $$$$$ real fair price? Relator says go away! Maybe there was an advocate for doing the right thing for the right reasons that stopped the widow from not getting screwed by you. Re-read your own posts. Are you everyone's "godsend"?
You are a moron. I offered a FULL price offer on the house. Furthermore, the deal was that she had to do NOTHING to prepare for sale. She lives in California and the house is in Alaska. How is that screwing her? Aren't you assuming that the place was worth what she was asking? Have you ever bought or sold a house? If you took the toys out of the picture, the house was a badly outdated 1977 ranch. The borough appraised value was $151,000. No, $329,000 was a fair offer including the toys. I estimate the toys to be worth about $100,000. But the house is worth MAYBE $270,000. So we are talking about maybe $40,000 in exchange for an immediate sale without the hassle of painting, cleaning, staging etc. If she didn't like it she could have made a counter-offer. You know who really screwed her? Soldotna Realty. The seller told me that she found her "dream house" but could not get into it until she sold this place. The nearest comparable house has been on the market since 2005. I don't deny that I would have benefited from the deal. Of course I would have. Or I would not have made it. But so would have the seller. We'll see just how long it takes to sell the place and what she gets for it. I wish her the best but many houses around here over $300,000 take a looooong time to sell. So, my friend, you are, as usual, a complete jackass. I, however, am a godsend to everyone.
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't normally characterize Ben as "a god-send", but, having helped Ben do all of the "little" things (meaning weeks of back breaking labor) he had to do to sell his old house back in California, I think that buying her out "as is", he was saving the poor widow a lot of time and money. Indeed, buying it "as is" and at the asking price no less is really quite charitable, if viewed objectively. Widow gets what she wants: asking price (which is probably too high for the market), no work, no contractors/repairmen, and gets to move into her dream home right away. Realtor gets a big fat check for laboriously breathing while the printer draws up the standard boilerplate paperwork. Ben gets toys and a fixer-upper. I really don't see your point Anon #2...

g
Anonymous said…
INVENTORY.........Probate

Everyone knows B.A. THE D.A would never be rude even to a widow.
Anonymous said…
Oh no, he isn't crazy at all!!!! Very well rounded person..... NOT.
Hell I'm crazy. Everyone who knows me would say that. But I think anyone who knows me would also say I am well-rounded. Fairly easy going. Variety of interests. Can fit into almost any socail situation. You know, if you know me so well, you should really identify yourself. Otherwise you are just being an ass.
brewerburns said…
Putting down earnest money when you make an offer on a house is the standard in the real estate industry. It's earnest money: it shows that you are in earnest in making your offer. You offered to buy the house for their asking price IF they left all of the personal property in it. Since the asking price generally does not include personal property (although it does, presumably, include fixtures) you actually did not offer full price. You offered the asking price minus the value of the personal property. Nonetheless the response to your offer seems incredibly rude and over the top. The seller could have said yes or no to your offer. Fuck you is clearly outside the bounds of common courtesy.
Well Brewerburns I would have offered earnest money if requested. I have bought two houses and in neither case was earnest money requested UNTIL the offer was accepted. You never, as far as I know, give the realtor earest money as soon as you express an interest in a house. And I did offer full price on the house...I just wanted the pot sweetened. The response of F you was wayyy over the top.
Anonymous said…
When you act like a jackass you get treated like a jackass.

Popular posts from this blog