So, I thought I'd show you where I spend so much of my life. I must admit that normally I cannot work with anything on my desk but the file I am working on. I am a neat freak in the office. But I have found it easier to put all the files for the week on the desk on a friday before so I can see what I have to do the next week. I have learned that next week the Agency is sending some additional attorneys to help out. That will be good, as right now we are engaged in hand to hand combat. I have a weird story for you. See if you can figure this out. I found a house for sale. It was a second house of a couple where the husband committed suicide. The wife wanted nothing to do with Alaska and told me she was very eager to sell it. I was told it would be a "godsend" if someone could just take the whole place. Now, the place had on it two great boats, an amazing firearms collection, a shop with tools and furniture and appliances. I researched it and offered her a full price offer on the house. The house was outdated and not worth the asking price but there was a lot of stuff included. It was a fair offer as I told the seller she had to do nothing but she could take items of a personal or sentimental nature. We would even clean and take the dog. Today I got a one paragraph letter from the Agent. It said the seller wants nothing to do with me and the Agents want nothing to do with me now or in the future. What the hell? God I hate realtors. They are truly scum. The realtor was going to get 6% of 329,000 for doing nothing. The offer was fair, especially as other comparable houses in the area have been on the market over a year. Why is it realtors feel they are so entitled when they have taken some course at night school? I have never been treated with such rudeness by any other "professional" (and I use that term lightly). Any ideas?

Comments

bill said…
It seems you may not be getting the whole story. However, my experience in Probate Court tells me that sometimes people do strange things when it comes to death and money. You never know. If you are really interested in the house, have a "straw man" make the same offer to see if there is a different result.
Anonymous said…
It's ridiculous. I think that realator is breaching a fiduciary duty to her client. You should contact the Better Business Bureau on her ass.
Anonymous said…
You catch more flies with honey! Even if you despise realtors, you still have to swallow your pride and be nice to them or they will kick you to the curb!
The thing is, I WAS nice. I was not rude or anything. My entire contact with the realtor consisted of a two page letter. In it I put forth my offer, the proposed terms and why I thought it was fair. I pointed to other comparable properties. I told her I really needed a new home and needed an answer. I included proof of my ability to finance it. Then, the next day, I get this letter saying F you. Remember, I was offering a full price offer. Really strange.
Anonymous said…
Why not find and buy a house on your own? No need to use those sum bitches!
Anonymous said…
The problem is that realtors have this hilarious idea that they are "professionals" like a doctor, lawyer, financial advisor, etc, etc. I think they revel in the opportunity to "play professional" and get involved with discussions about legal matters. In reality, realtors are a bunch of greedy, LAZY, idiots who memorized a few big words (like "fiduciary") during their night school course and who pretend to be high thinkers.

They confuse making a good living, with being a professional and think that because they make 6% for scratching out a few words on a pre-printed form they are respectable learned professionals. Idiots.

Jeremy
John Sivley said…
Your ranting about the mistreatment you received is total BS. You misrepresented yourself to the Seller by claiming to be The New District Attorney. The Seller requested that we advise you to stop bothering her. She is a recent widow who chose to have any prospective buyers deal with her Real Estate Representatives. You ignored our requests to go through the proper procedures of making an offer accompanied by Earnest Money. You provided a generic, pre-qualification letter that was unsigned and undated, and was apparently produced by an Internet mortgage broker. Two people can confirm that you have misrepresented yourself by claiming to be the new District Attorney. You never made an offer to the Seller or the Realtors that complied with her requirements. You are a liar. We at Soldotna Realty welcome any inquiries by legal or professional organizations regarding this matter.Truthfully, John Sivley Associate Broker Soldotna Realty
Greg Simmons said…
The realtors sound like snakes. The straw man idea is a good way to find oput what may really be going on. Good luck!

BTW - you have a great blog! I share your intense dislike for that freakish evil creep Quentin Tarantino.

Popular posts from this blog